Am Pfarrhof

History

The vicarage was originally a plot of land located between St. Mary's Church, Heilig-Geist-Gasse, Kleine Krämergasse and Fleischbänken. This plot of land was assigned to the rectory in 1343. The Royal Chapel was built on part of this plot in 1678. Occasionally the name "Am Pfarrhof" was also used. Today, the former vicarage forms part of the alley Plebania, which translates as "vicarage".

District

Rechtstadt

Polish name(s)

Plebania

Source(s): Stephan, W. Danzig. Gründung und Straßennamen. Marburg 1954, S 126