Schichaugasse

History

Originally a continuation of Neue Damm connecting the Altstadt with the Jungstadt. Listed in the 17th century under the above-mentioned names. Renamed Schichaugasse in 1899 after Ferdinand Schichau, the builder and owner of the adjacent Schichau shipyard. After the war, the street was named after Johannes Scolvus (1435 - 1484), in the Polish spelling of this name.

District

Stadtgebiet

Polish name(s)

Jana z Kolna

Source(s): Stephan, W. Danzig. Gründung und Straßennamen. Marburg 1954, S 189