This street was originally a part of the Hintergasse. The name comes from the town servants who lived here (today they are called officials) and it was first mentioned in 1570. After the war, which left only ruins in this alley, it was probably planned to rebuild it as well, because on the city maps until about 1950 it continued to be listed as ul. Służebna (translated as Service Alley). The remaining buildings were demolished only in the spring of 2005.